"First vintage produced in 2001. With this blend of different plots, our aim is to express as accurately as possible the character of the Marsanne grape variety."
Organic and biodynamic methods are used for the entire domain.
The vines, on average thirty years old, are planted on colluvium mixed with coarse sand comprised of granite and clay-limestone.
For the third year in a row, it was a hot and dry season, but less early than the two before. The hydric deficit and heats that blocked the maturities on some sensitive plots, have been compensated by two beautiful rains at the end of the season. Light powdery mildew pressure on all the vineyard.It should be noted that the historical terroir of Saint-Péray (old Marsanne vines on clay-limestone soils) shows excellent capabilities in heatwave conditions.The quality of harvest was very good at the end, normal quantities, and very beautiful juices after the vinification.
OUR VINE GROWING AND WINEMAKING
• Organic certification for the vines and wine in the 2009 vintage and biodynamic methods used.
• Marsanne vines trained and pruned in the Gobelet style and supported by stakes.
• Hand-picked harvests.
• Winemaking at low temperature in concrete vats.
• Malo-lactic fermentation.
• Maturation on fine lees in concrete vats for approximately 10 months.
• Bottling in springtime after the harvest.
• Amount of sulphite reduced: 53 mg/l total SO2 (150 mg/litre authorised in organic winemaking).
• Production: 9.990 bottles.
• Ageing potential: 5 years.
The dish :
deliciously soft Diois trout, served with a vegetable puree cooked with Indian spices, crunchy earth with dried ink.
The chef :
Baptiste Poinot, at the “Flaveurs” restaurant in Valence, Drôme.
2018 Vintage: "The 2018 Saint-Péray Harmonie is another outstanding wine, showing a slightly fresher, medium-bodied yet concentrated style that has more citrus, white flowers, and classic salty minerality. Based all on Marsanne and a mix of terroirs, it's going to drink nicely right out of the gate.”
Jeb Dunnuck (12/12/2019): 90-92/100