Les Bulles d'Alain
With this wine, the Domain Alain Voge perpetuates Saint-Péray’s custom of making traditional method sparkling wine, which established the reputation of the Saint-Péray region as of the 1830s.
The entire domain is cultivated using organic and biodynamic viticulture.
Approximately 30 years old, the vines are planted on granite colluvium enriched by some limestone (Grandes Blaches), and in the higher areas purely granite of the Saint-Péray appellation (Perrier).
2016 was a standard vintage for our terroirs, with fine weather conditions, but it was a year that forced us to be extremely vigilant to watch out for any attack of fungal disease. Yields were good. Everything was well balanced; the wines are marked by elegance, while conveying the typical character of Cornas and Saint-Péray.
OUR VINE GROWING AND WINEMAKING
• Organic certification since the 2017 vintage for the vines and wine, biodynamic methods used.
• Marsanne vines trained and pruned in the Gobelet style and supported by stakes.
• Harvests picked manually and early at the beginning of September, to maintain the grapes’ freshness and floral aromas.
• Whole grape bunches pressed and not crushed.
• Sparkling wine made according to the traditional method: the base wine fermented at low temperature in small stainless steel and concrete vats, then a second fermentation in bottles.
• Ageing on laths for a minimum of 3 years.
• Amount of sulphite reduced: 26 mg/l total SO2 (135 mg/litre authorised in organic winemaking)
• No addition of dosage after disgorging (naturally brut sparkling wine).
• Production: 5.600 bottles / 190 mgnums.
Ardèche trout marinated in the Scandinavian Gravlax way, with fresh Saint-Péray goat’s cheese and Timut pepper.
“This starter naturally calls for an extremely pure wine with fresh structure, minerality and pleasant acidity. The richness of the fish, the lively flavour of the vegetables and the delicious creaminess of the fresh cheese find superb balance with “Les Bulles d’Alain” and the length of flavour on the palate is quite impressive. A slice of toasted farmhouse bread will add the finishing touch to all these flavours by bringing savours of damp earth. This is an intense and delicate way to start a meal!” Florian Biscop, La Ruche restaurant.""
Florian Biscop, at the “La Ruche” restaurant in Saint-Péray, Ardèche.
2016 Vintage: “The newest vintage of Voge'ssparkling wine, the 2016 Saint Perayles Bullesd'Alainis now made without any dosage. The nose is tight and restrained, but it's not as toasty as expected after four years entirage, with hints of Marsanne's "white paste" character and citrus. Round in the mouth but fully dry, with a long, harmonious finish, it's a nice change of pace.”
Joe Czerwinski, Robert Parker Wine Advocate: 91/100